Governance University provides customized board & governance courses in English. The best teachers in our country, all being professors, industry leaders and/or experienced supervisory board members, train participants in board effectiveness, supervisory board chairmanship and Dutch corporate governance systems. A ‘model programme’ is outlined below, as a concrete example.
Programme ‘Good Corporate Governance and working as a Supervisory Board member in a Dutch context’
We have outlined a two-day programme for the participants with an interest in the latest developments in corporate governance systems, laws and codes, and corporate governance development strategies, in a Dutch context.
Objectives of the Programme
The main objectives of this programme concentrate on participants understanding:
- Developments in board structures of corporations in The Netherlands and forces that shape internal and external corporate governance systems;
- How Dutch corporate governance systems compare with other systems;
- The role of legislation and institutional investors in the development of codes of conduct and other forms of self-regulation;
- Different board models and implications for boardroom dynamics;
- Leading perspectives of corporate governance and corporate governance development strategies; and
- How to be effective as a supervisory board member or chair in a Dutch context.